We will again be making BOM for Quilts of Valor (QOV) so start collecting your red/white/blue fabrics!
Beginning Jan. 2021 a BOM will be published in the PMQG newsletter and on the website. Blocks are to be competed by the following month. Make as many blocks as you like and they will be used to make QOV for donation.
Laura Lyman, PO Box 506, Pocono Lake, PA 18347
If you would like to donate backing fabric‐ 5 yards of a quilt shop quality 100% cotton fabric in a patriotic print will be appreciated.
If you would be willing to bind a quilt, please let Laura know‐ I will arrange to get a completed quilt to you when needed.
Any questions‐ text or email Laura email@example.com 570‐350‐1218
Materials needed: Please choose true flag tones of red, white, and blue. Each color can be the same fabric or all different fabrics
White: (2) 3 ½” squares (16) 2” squares
Blue: (8) 3 ½” squares Red: (8) 3 ½” squares
1. Lay out dark squares in pleasing arrangement. (You are making one red and one blue)
2. Mark 2” light squares on diagonal.
3. Lay 2” light square on dark square, stitch on drawn line, trim ¼” from stitching, press toward dark.
4. Repeat with another 2” light square on adjacent corner. Make 4 star point units.
5. Layout units for block following diagrams above. Stitch units onto rows.
6. IMPORTANT PRESSING NOTE- PRESS ALL BLUE SEAMS TOWARD CENTER OF BLOCK, PRESS ALL RED SEAMS TOWARD OUTSIDE OF BLOCK.
7. Stitch rows together to make block. Block should be 9 ½”, please correct your seam allowance if it is not 9 ½”. DO NOT TRIM.
8. Sign you name or initials in the seam allowance.
9. Blocks can be dropped off at American Ribbon or call Laura to make arrangements for pickup.
10. Make as many pairs of stars as you like- the more we have the more QOV we can make!
If you would be willing to bind a QOV please let Laura know.
If you would like to donate backing fabric, please purchase 5 yards of a patriotic print, plain red, white, or blue fabric and leave with your blocks.